Friday, October 14

Welcome to my blog

I am Kit, and I am a person. Woah, just stumbled over something there. I am Kit. What do I mean by that? This bumbling bundle of nerves and emotion and meat and consciousness, ‘I’, am Kit. This label, ‘Kit’, somehow represents me, captures me, places me, such that I find my self-definition through three little letters. Strange world.

Last night I went to some MAD drum and bass, for the second time this week, with my sister. It was London Elektricity playing, who I’ve never heard before, but would now recommend. Fantastic black woman vocals, coolio emceeing white guy in hat, smoooooth double bass playing, and, of course, mad percussion. The best thing was how they mix it up, very original stuff, blending genres (most notally reggae and hip hop with DnB).

I caught up with an old friend I haven’t seen for years, which was sweet. It was like we’ve been through the end of an age separately, and come together to talk about it afterwards. We’ve both been through the works, but are both still here, and are stronger because of it.

Got back home, listening to Faithless Back to Mine, suddenly woke up in an aquarium. It was bizarre, I was looking around my room, but it was underwater, and there were loads of people around. And there as drum and bass playing. And then I realised I was half asleep. Lol.

1 Comments:

Blogger Simon Hall said...

Hello mate...

Greetings from the frozen north. I will be monitoring proceedings as much as I can.

Love,

S

14.10.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home