Saturday, November 26

Kolkata

Here is a photo of the Golden temple in Amritsa:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

And of sunrise on the Ganga:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

nice.

Varanasi gave me a headache. It was very poluted, and the locals gave me no spacewhatsoever to chill out and be quiet. So after hiring a boat and rowing myself around for a few hours, I decided it was time to leave. Now, Kolkata. It's a good city so far. It is highly developed, it feels much more like a Western city than anywhere I've been yet. Yesterday I went to a book shop that felt just like Borders. I went to sit in a huge park, and was only bothered by ONE chai wallah in several hours. Great.

I'm sharing a hotel room with a Canadian called Paul, who seems like a nice guy. Tonight it's the birthday of a Brazillian, Edwardo.

However, I feel ill :( Wonder if it's the first return of glandular fever, or if something more tropical and India-related. We'll see. At least I have over a week here to get over whatever it is.

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home