Monday, December 26

Happy Christmas

Happy Christmas everybody!

Sorry I've been so rubbish at communicating, I didn't even find a phone to make a couple of 5-second calls back to England. Very quick update: Christmas has been fun, with lots of people and food and drink. I'm in Luang Pabang, it's beautiful here, and my Lao linguistic skills are coming on in leaps and bounds. I almost moved into an eco-village in the north of Laos and got a sponsorship for a year long visa here, but mercifully changed my mind. Doing even one day's work stressed me out.

I'm still finding that although I travel alone, people are so friendly that if I want it, I have to actively seek-out solitude.

Last two nights I've been clubbing; the Lao know how to have fun in a totallly non-pretentious way.

Today I became a millionaire by withdrawing cash. 1million kip is about 100 US dollars.

Yesterday I had a Lao massage with some sound Australian guys. Much better than Ayuverdic in my opinion, the massage is like the people: chilled-out and relaxed, none of this head-pumelling and joint cracking I experienced in India.

Christmas has been so very very different to how it would be in England; I have missed people but have had some truly unique experiences.

Love to all, I will try and send some emails soon.

Here are some active comment conversations:
Koyaanisqatsi and Buddhism
Life Simple

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home