Saturday, January 21

blurgh

I am not a happy bunny. My time in Thailand was amazing, really amazing. I think intensely beautiful is the word that best describes it. I don't have the energy to go into details at the moment.

I needed to head south from Bangkok, because of flying to NZ on 25th January. I went to a beautiful beach in Krabi. I then headed South, towards Singapore. I got a bus to Penang in Malaysia, which left at 9:30pm. We arrived in Hat Yai, South Thailand, at 4am. I was understandably a little tired. I asked to continue my journey, and they bundled me onto a motorbike, going I don't know where. A little later I'm dropped off by the side of a road and told (in Thai) to wait until 6 am for the next bus. A bus draws up, I ask for Penang, Malaysia, and fall asleep. I wake up at about 9:30, and I have not crossed a border. Why not? It's not far from Hat Yai to Malaysia. I look around, and it is definitely Thailand. Ahh. Ban Penang, Nakkon Si Tammarat. 200km North of Hat Yai. Great.

So I grab some food, and head 200km South, to Hat Yai. And then I ask for a bus to Penang, Malaysia. Mercifully, this one was the right one. I arrive a full, exhausting, 24 hours later, and stay with a Thai friend I made in the later parts of the journey. And needing to head further South, towards Singapore, I arrive in Kuala Lumpur.

And I am TIRED. Very tired. I have been sleeping on all of my coach trips, and a long time in the night, but nothing seems to be enough. I think my glandular fever is getting the upper hand.

And due to a mix-up I may have to pay again for a flight from Bali to Singapore I won't be making. I could try and make it to Bali in four days, but I think that would be stupid considering my state of reduced health. It's a long way.

So I will stay put tonight, and amble down to Singapore tomorrow, and on Monday try to sort out tickets. Even if I have to pay the charge, it's not the end of the world. But sometimes I think I need to put my feet a little more firmly on the ground, and remove my head a little from the clouds.
Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home