Wednesday, January 4

Leaving Laos

Well, I never thought it would happen, but I left Laos before my visa ran out. It is a spectacular place, the people are amazing, but by the end of two weeks I was intensely tired after a long coach trip, and had only $20 in cash, and was ready to chill-out for the new year. But when I found that all the banks were shut for 4 days, and of course no cash machines, and the hotel's visa machine was not working, I quit. I had very little money, and no access to any, and I was tired. And I thought of my two Thai friends Thanya and Apple, and decided to make a break for it in time for new year.

I was not dissapointed. Since a good fun night out on new year, Thanya has driven me to her house and to her family's house, looking after me all the way. I've been eating delicious Thai food again, sleeping in clean, comfortable beds, and have generally been pampered since arriving here. We've been to see the sights in this part of Thailand.

VERY BIG thank-you to Thanya, Pii-Joy and family for all your amazing kindness. I'm having a wondeful time here in Thailand thanks to you. What wonderful people.

Sadly the glandular fever is returning. I got very tired over new year, and now feel run-down and my glands are swelling-up. Since I told Thanya, I've had phone-calls from English speakers checking if I need a doctor, she has cooked me seriously good Thai food, and we're relaxedly teaching each other our native languages. Despite being ill, I'm happy.

I'll say the rest with pictures:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Apple and Thanya, Kon Kaen. Beautiful.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Thanya, Kon Kaen. Beautiful.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Sunset, Vang Vieng, Laos. Beautiful.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Sunrise, Luang Prabang, Laos. Beautiful.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Juan (a good friend for a week) and myself leaving Luang Prabang on the River Ou. Beautiful.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Waterfall in National Park, near Bangkok. Beautiful.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Pii-Joy by another waterfall in the National Park near Bangkok. Beautiful.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Exploring the Old City in Bangkok. Beautiful.

I could go-on, I could post more photos, but the sofa is calling to me. Yes, there is a sofa here. Luxury.


Technorati Tags: Photos Technorati Tags: Travel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home