Monday, January 30

New Zealand

OK, I am here. It is night time here (add 12 hours from GMT), and I'm still recovering from jet-lag (though nearly there), so cannot say as much as I'd like. I safely arrived here on the 25th, after Malaysia (1 week) and Singapore, and was picked up from the airport (first time, what a luxury) by family friends, the Runcimans. They are looking after me in a lovely house near Auckland whilst I get my bearings and prepare for this, the next stage in my journey. So far, I'm planning on hitching down to Wellington, sniffing the air, then moving to South Island to Christchurch. I hope to get a city job there, at least covering my NZ travelling costs with work.

Some local sights:




Well, as you may be able to tell, things are far more peaceful here. It's great to chill-out with such a kind family. I've seen some of the local sights, including a beach with black sand. The locals complain of heat, but I'm finding it quite chilly compaired to Thailand. It's about 27-30 degrees most of the time. I'm really looking forward to living here for a while.

Here's what I was greeted with in Auckland:


And lastly, here are two friends I met in Thailand/Malaysia. I got chatting to the one on the right in the minibus, and he invited me to stay in his friend's house in Penang. They gave me some fantastic Thai food, and gave me one last day of Thai speak. We had a fun evening, and the next day I went with them on their business, which this day was purchasing thousands of chicken livers.


Technorati Tags:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing picture of the Brits.

20.9.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home