Monday, January 9

Wonderful Thailand

I'm still here, and still loving it. It's hard to blog when so much happens every day. Let me share some recent highlights.

I've just spent a few nights in Pattaya, staying in Pattana Sports Club, where Pii-Joy works. We stayed in a luxurious house, with huge, smart rooms with big flat-screen TVs. We've been going to posh restaurants, rubbing noses with managers of expensive resorts, enjoying the warm sea and eating good food. Two nights ago as Thanya and I crawled out of the sea after a beautiful sun-set, I just laughed and laughed because I was so happy.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I think I said I've been learning Thai since I got here a week ago. It's an easy language, and I've been doing it from the book. I felt that I had some skills waiting to be used, and last night it all happened. We met a guy called Martin, who speaks a bit of Thai himself, and sat on some steps overlooking Pattaya, chatting away. And after ten minutes or so, it suddenly hit me that we'd been speaking mainly in Thai. We'd been speaking mainly in Thai! I couldn't believe it.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

We went down onto the shore to watch the sun set, which really was spectacular last night, and I was so happy I nearly cried.

This is good.

Technorati Tags:

2 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

Hi,
We just got back from one month in Thailand (all December) and miss it so much already! If you don't mind, I'll get my dose of Thai stuff partially from your blog. Keep it up and have fun!
Marty (in chilly Chicago now)

10.1.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to hear that things are going so well!

Take care,

Tom
xxx

18.1.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home