Saturday, February 18

A Change of Scene

Much um-ing and ah-ing has led me to where I'm definitely going to stay here in Wellington, the hip cultural centre of NZ. After a week or searching all round NZ I'm NOT going to work on a farm, which would be lovely but I would miss the cool people you find in a place like here and think my health isn't up to it. And I get better pay in the city. Next week I should be starting legal/medical typing, which could be interesting but will almost definitely be well-paid. I did a typing test on Friday and beat my old average with a staggering 96 words per minute. Please, be in awe of my Herculean typing skills: I am cool.

And now I trade the uncertainty and lost-ness of job hunting for the uncertainty and lost-ness of flat hunting. This is very different to Asia, but I like it and think I can adapt just enough to be happy here.

I'm sorry for the sake of your boredom and my blog that my exciting adventures have calmed down so much; I feel so boring dedicating two whole paragraphs to "I've found a job and am looking for a flat." I'm still a laid-back slightly hippy-ish traveller, but Wellington breathes so much culture that I feel right at home here, still being the me I've become over the last few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home