Monday, November 6

Goodbyes

First it was

goodbye New Zealand (Kariotahi beach)


and then

hello Fiji (Pacific Harbour).



I spent two and a half blissful weeks kitesurfing, hammocking, eating, sleeping and reading/writing poems. And then it was


goodbye Fiji (last night, at the 'celebrity love island' beach)



And now I'm back at home.

My brain is blurred with jet lag, but as far as I can tell, I'm happy to be back. I was welcomed by my family at the airport, and they've been very good to me. The English Autumn is freezing cold and beautiful. The English architecture and trees and everything seems just wonderful.

And now it's time to wrap the blog up. First, I've finished travelling, and am about to start something totally new (trying to find NGO work - can anyone help?!). Next, I've changed a lot, and "dissident words" (the title of this blog) doesn't really fit now. I'm not reacting and rebelling any more, but accepting the self that's emerging and the world it's in. Lastly I'm going to take a break from blogging, and maybe come back later, when it's fresh again.

Goodbye, and thanks to all for reading and commenting, it's been great to think that people have been interested by some of this.

Peace.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for this kit. just noticing in your book list you ahve 'shadow of the galillean' - i read this many years ago and liked it. all the best and hope to hear from you again soon, love, rob

9.11.06  
Blogger kit said...

Thanks for all your input into the blog (and my life!) over the past year, Rob. Planning to meet up with you soon!

That book is a gem and I have it out now for re-reading. The last chapter deeply moved me, my first glimpse at a passion-ology (there's probably a word for that) which didn't involve either:
a)penal substitution theory of atonement, or
b)complaining about penal substitution theory

I do hope you're well, Kit

10.11.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kit,

It's Alex Full. Great to hear what you've been up to and to hear about the awesome time you've had.

I had a brief trip around the world earlier this year and it was so cool to hear you talking about some of the places I went to. You've really given me the bug to do it again! Would be great to hear from you sometime. Hope you're well and getting used to England again! Drop me a line at alex.full@bbc.co.uk

Take care dude.

Alex.

11.11.06  
Blogger kit said...

It's been six years! But good to hear from you. A bit of a coincidence because I've been thinking quite a bit about my St Ives days, during the past week.

I'm well and adjusting to England; it's like I'm looking at everything for the first time and feels a bit like just another destination!

12.11.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home